The EAGLE Lift is designed to be a tool that makes your job easier! However, you must take the time to learn its features and how to safely use it. Please read this instruction guide carefully before assembling and using the EAGLE Lift. For questions call 916-714-7717 or visit www.lifelineliftco.com .
Do not attempt to use lift before securing to a dumpster!
Do not remove the zip tie from the Lift Arm before assembly is complete!
The EAGLE Lift is designed to help empty 32, 44 and Toter brand 64 gallon trash containers, like those commonly used in cafeterias, into dumpsters that have a 90 degree vertical side with a threshold maximum height of 57 inches and width of 4 inches.
Warning: Temperatures below -30 degrees will damage spring seals.
● Can receiver is designed to securely hold and stabilize 32- and 44-gallon rolling garbage containers (and now the 64 gallon Toter square cans) during a EAGLE Lift dump cycle. The Lift is designed to allow the trash containers to roll safely into the receiver without ever having to lift the container.
● Can retainer is a three-pronged mechanism that secures both the upper and lower parts of the the trash container in the receiver during the dump cycle. The three-pronged arm is what allows the operator to conveniently stabilize and secure the trash container during a lift cycle and opens and closes on a manually operated spring mechanism. ( The adjustable prong must be properly adjusted to the height of the container you are using. Be sure the prong is aligned with the flat spot to prevent swinging around interfering with the dump cycle. For using the Square containers it may be necessary to remove adjustable prong.
● Dumpster attachment hook secures the EAGLE Lift to the side of any dumpster that meets the dimensions specified above. The hook is provided with hand knob to LOCK the hook in place when using the Eagle Lift as a dolly and for locking the hook after it is dropped over the dumpster side. This provides added stability to the lift. Be sure the Hook stays down doesn’t walk up during multiple uses.
● Lift handle is the mechanism that the operator will use to initiate the lift-and-dump cycle. It is also one of the four “grab points” for lowering the mechanism at the end of the cycle.
● Lift handle safety release is designed to prevent the lift handle from being raised when the EAGLE Lift is not attached to a dumpster.
○ If the lift handle is raised while the EAGLE Lift is not attached to a dumpster, the safest way to lower it again is to raise the entire EAGLE Lift and attach the attachment hook over the side of a dumpster BEFORE attempting to lower the device back down. This will take two people The EAGLE Lift may be used as a dolly to transport the trash container from its location to the dumpster, or it can remain attached to the dumpster to be used solely to dump trash. Wheels should remain locked when stationed at dumpster for stability
● Lower Stabilizer Bar rests against the dumpster and stabilizes the EAGLE Lift during the dump cycle. If you have a dumpster that does not have a vertical face it may be necessary to add a spacer to the stabilizer bar so it will rest properly against the dumpster side you are using. The EAGLE Lift includes a chain loop that you can use to secure the EAGLE Lift to the dumpster in order to prevent theft. Use the chain to lock the lift in the closed position when not attached to the dumpster for added safety.
○ Do not leave your EAGLE Lift unattended or out overnight. There are four convenient grab points designed to make lowering the device back to the ground safe and easy after the trash contents have been emptied. See training video at Lifelineliftco.com
● The primary benefit of the EAGLE Lift is the ability to control and assist in lifting full trash containers into dumpsters without twisting.
● The EAGLE Lift has the ability to suspend the container in the “dump” position to allow liquid contents
to drain completely and for washing out the containers.
The EAGLE Lift is easy to assemble! For fast and safe assemblage, make sure you have the right parts and tools before proceeding also spend a moment and see the assembly video at Lifelineliftco.com.
This box contains:
● Main Body/Garbage Can Receiver/Lift Mechanism (this is the largest piece in the box)
● Wheel Base Stabilizer
● Dumpster Attachment Hook
● Trash Container Receiver (with the one small wheel attached)
● Handle assembly
Additional assembly tools required, but not included:
● Wrench and small socket set
Have everything? Great! Now simply follow these three easy steps:
Step 1 : Locate the Main Body and the Wheel Base. Be sure the concave curve of the stabilizer bar on the Wheel Base is facing out ( the stabilizer bar will rest against the dumpster side when lifting) Connect the Trash Container Receiver to the base by lining up the two and tapping until seated. Carefully snug bolts by alternating tightening to the base. Do not over tighten!
Step 2: Align the trash container receiver with the main body and bolt together. Set the lift upright with wheels touching the ground.
Step 3 : Insert the Dumpster Attachment Hook into the top end of the Main Body. The hook will drop down and stop when fully inserted.. Find the hand knob provided and screw in place for locking the hook in place. Insert the 3 ½ inch carriage bolt through the lift arm and put the nut and lock washer on and tighten. Slide the lift handle sleeve and secure with the knob Review website photos to compare how your EAGLE Lift look fully assembled and in use. For further instructions on how to assemble this device, please visit www.lifelineliftco.com .
1. Securing the EAGLE Lift to the Dumpster:
● **Remember: never attempt to use the EAGLE Lift without securing it to a dumpster**
● **Do not let go of lift during dump cycle you need to keep it steady and upright**
● Slide the attachment hook up until it clears the threshold of the dumpster and then drop it until top of hook is all the way down (monitor hook during use to make sure it has not crawled up away from the top lip of the dumpster), tighten hook lock and lock wheels for added stability.
2. Securing Trash Container in the Can Receiver:
● Manually open the retainer “door” and roll your trash container into the receiver with the container handles at a 45-degree angle to the dumpster. (adjust retainer prong to about an inch above the container in use).
NOTE: the retainer will not fully lock into place if the handles are in the wrong spot. You may have to play around with the handle angle until you find a way for the container to lock into place. See video.
● Check to make sure the lower prong of the retainer is securely resting against the trash container.
3 Operating the EAGLE Lift:
● Lifeline Lift Co. recommends that the operator stand facing the dumpster behind the secured trash container, with the lift handle directly in front of you to eliminate lifting and twisting.
● Once you initiate the lift cycle follow the trash container toward the dumpster. Do not let go of the lift you will need to keep the lift steady and upright!
● Once the trash container has reached the height of the lift cycle, the operator should place one foot on the wheel axle to stabilize and proceed to make sure that all trash has fallen out of the trash container. (This is to ensure that the EAGLE Lift does not slide or swing away from the dumpster). Do not push on or over-extend the EAGLE Lift once it has reached the height of the lift cycle. This may bend the attachment hook and destabilize the entire device.
● To lower the can receiver after all trash contents have been removed, utilize the four convenient “grab points”seen in the video at the web site! You may leave the Eagle lift attached to the dumpster at this time.